Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Talking about coffee breath turns into a story about church camp‏

While I have enjoyed my recent foray into coffee drinking, one of the things I don't like about it is the resultant stinky breath.

Coffee breath is gross, and I'm hyper-conscious of it so after I'm done with my couple cups in the morning, I immediately brush my teeth to try to wash away the smell from my mouth and the stain from my teeth. My teeth are so much whiter since I quit smoking and I don't want a beverage to mess that up.

I'm glad I don't smoke anymore because drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes would create the worst breath imaginable. Might as well just eat poop.

This one time on the bus on the way to church camp in junior high, some guy whose name I can't remember drew the funniest picture of this other guy that had terrible breath. It was a little cartoon guy with flames coming out of his mouth and that image still pops into my head every once in a blue moon and makes me laugh out loud.

The one guy was a really good artist, and the other guy really did have hideously bad breath. That week he earned the moniker Bad Breath Dieu (his name was Dieu). I remember he also didn't bring any money with him on that trip, not a dime, and we all had to donate a dollar so he could buy food on the way there and back. We would have gladly chipped in extra for him to buy some mouthwash.

No comments:

Post a Comment