Thursday, November 4, 2010

This doesn't actually have anything to do with Devo


You know how Mark Mothersbaugh is like the coolest and he's responsible for so much cool music? That's right, I said "like the coolest." Do you furthermore know that he owns his particular look, embodied by his glasses? As far as I know he has never made this claim, but I am. No one else is allowed to wear those glasses, only Mark Mothersbaugh. That's just the way it is.

Do you know this guy named Randall Poster who is "music supervisor" for tons of movies with really great music? At first I though he was like the coolest too, but then when I actually saw what he looks like, I totally changed my tune. He's trying to pull off Mark Mothersbaugh glasses! Not ok, Randall Poster, NOT OK. That look belongs to one person and one person only.

Plus I think a music supervisor for a movie just obtains rights for songs that the director wants in the movie, which is a pretty pedestrian task, so he no longer impresses me. There is no denying the fact that he is attached to some impressive film/movie combos, but he killed whatever chance he had with me when he chose those frames. More like Randall Poser.

2 comments:

  1. A cool Devo interview. http://www.grammy365.com/gallery/recording-academy-lollapalooza-devo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the mirrored sunglasses he's wearing in the interview. They're shiny.
    It's funny that their t-shirts and jumpsuits have "DEVO" printed on them, I guess just in case anyone at Lollapalooza didn't know who they were.

    ReplyDelete