Wednesday, October 6, 2010

TV Babies**


I'm going to see The Town tonight, but I'm concerned that it might be weird to see Jon Hamm as someone other than Don Draper. I loved him on 30 Rock though, so I guess it will be ok. Hopefully I can avoid thinking of him as Donny D. the whole time.

Lately I've been having a hard time separating actors from their previous characters. For instance, last week on Parenthood there were a couple scenes with Lauren Graham (Lorelai Gilmore from Gilmore Girls), Mae Whitman (George Michael's girlfriend Ann from Arrested Development), and Zosia Mamet (Peggy's lesbian friend Joyce from Mad Men), and I couldn't stop thinking "I'm watching Lorelai, Ann, and Joyce!"

It doesn't help that Lauren Graham's character on Parenthood is pretty much the exact same character as Lorelai, plus that show has Coach from Coach, Nate from Six Feet Under, and Lyla from FNL so I'm already thinking that kind of thing the whole time.

I watch too much tv.



** you should watch Drugstore Cowboy this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment