Monday, September 27, 2010

Hands and Knees, Mad Men Season 4 Episode 10



OK, last night's Mad Men:

I don't think Joan had the abortion. Can't say for sure, but I have a feeling. We'll see.

Lane's "Chocolate Bunny"!

Lane's dad whacking him upside the head with his old man cane, then standing on Lane's hand until he promised to do as he was told, "sir". As an added bonus, Lane's dad was played by the same guy who was Mr. Reindeer in Wild at Heart! Weirdo!!

The relief I felt when those Beatles tickets finally came through. Whew! I was nervous about it the whole episode, picturing Sally totally going off the deep end if Don had to cancel those plans.

That smarmy Lee Garner Jr guy cancelling all future business between Lucky Strike and SCDP. He's been on thin ice with me ever since he got Sal fired, and this did not return him to my good graces. He's just a creep.

Don's identity scare!! This is the first time in a long time that I've seen Betty show some kindness towards Don, or towards anyone. Good for her. I'm interested to see how this whole scare plays out in the next couple episodes.

Pete Campbell, who I cannot stand -- he and his blue suits make me sick, taking the heat for "losing" North American Aviation (really having to let them go to protect Don). I'd say this is the first time in a long time that he has shown kindness towards anyone, but he'll just lord it over Don from now until the end of time so it hardly counts. Kind of like he helped that au pair neighbor replace a dress, but then he forced her into having sex with him as 'thanks'. He's his own brand of smarmy.

What is the future of SCDP without Lucky Strike and NAA?!

During one of the commercial breaks, I saw the above really cool Converse commercial that uses (to perfection) Hello Operator by the White Stripes. I'd be irritated that Jack White sold one of his songs, but this commercial was so cool I don't care in the least. I also loved the European/Australian Coke commercial from a few years ago that he literally specifically wrote a song for, because the song and the commercial are so fantastic. Jack White can do no wrong in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment